The concept is simple
Every year, my tour company Epic Backpacker Tours launches a unique scouting adventure itinerary that combines incredible mountain landscapes, adventure photography, comradery, and the once-in-a-lifetime experience of a multi-day expedition in one of the world’s last true adventure destinations.
These are raw, real journeys that require decent physical fitness, a positive mindset, a passion for photography, and above all else – a desire to experience a real adventure in the big mountains as part of a team of like-minded individuals.
Here is what’s on for 2022…
Epic Backpacker Tours x Jackson Groves – 2022
Snow Lake Hispar La Trek, Pakistan – 2022
Let us show you what Pakistan is all about.
Our team of skilled guides, porters, and cooks ensure professional support throughout the expedition, while also giving you the freedom to truly experience the Karakoram Mountains without the big crowds or busyness of base camps.
Cross wild mountain passes, camp on a glacier under the glowing Milky Way, experience legendary Pakistani hospitality, and gain new photography skills from industry professionals with the Karakoram Range as your classroom.
Your Trip Leaders
Since 2017, Chris has been to Pakistan 11 times. Every year he leads group trips to K2 Base Camp, the Hunza region, and is the director of his adventure company Epic Backpacker Tours. Chris started Off The Atlas Expeditions to take the concept of an adventure holiday a step further by combining his passion for photography, trekking, and alpine environments into one-of-a-kind curated adventures for people who are as stoked on challenging high-altitude adventurers as he is.
Jackson is a force that has been shaking the adventure travel blogging and photography scene since he launched his blog Journey Era in 2016. Jackson first came to Pakistan in the summer of 2021, where he joined Chris for several expeditions including climbing Spantik Peak (7,027 M). Jackson has gained industry-wide recognition for his amazing work photographing his successful summit bids of Manaslu and Ama Dablam in Nepal.
Want to Join this Adventure?
Drop in an application!
Applicants will be considered based on past experience and physical ability –
if you have not done any multi-day trekking trips before, please don’t apply.
Trip Day by Day Itinerary
More Trip Details
- All hotel accommodation in between trekking days.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all trekking days. Lunches in cities/towns are paid on your own. All dinners are included both on the trek and when we are in cities.
- All ground transportation whilst on tour.
- All on-the-ground logistics and planning.
- Islamabad Airport pick up and drop off (if arriving/departing within 24 hours of the start/end of the tour).
- Western and local guides.
- Letter of Invitation to Pakistan.
- Internal flights within Pakistan (Islamabad – Skardu / Gilgit – Islamabad).
- Comfy two-person alpine tents.
- Up to 12.5 kgs of porter services per person.
- Group generator for charging electronics.
- Dining table, chairs, and a mess tent.
- Access to the group satellite phone (usage at extra cost).
- Group snacks.
- Lots of laughs and epic moments.
- Life-changing experiences.
- Bonus surprises along the way.
- Flights to Pakistan
- Visa application fees
- Any pre-tour or post-tour accommodation
- Climbing harness/carabiners, helmets, and micospikes/crampons (for crossing Gondogoro La)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Tips for staff
- Porter services exceeding 12.5 kgs
- Personal snacks
- Meals when the group has free time
- Single tent/hotel accommodation (requires additional charges).
Above expedition photos by Zaigham I and myself.